Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 15 Nov 2004 09:14:32 -0500
From:         Darren Lastfogel <dlastfogel@PLYFORMS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Teardrop Trailer Camping

Hello,

I always wanted a westy but I keep finding sweet deals on the standard models. So now I have found a small tent trailer made by Apache in the early '60s. These are very lite units arounf 500 lbs which tows very eaisly behind my '84 GL auto http://imagingperspectives.freehosting.net/1962eagle.htm

Darren Lowell MI

-----Original Message----- From: John Rodgers [mailto:inua@CHARTER.NET] Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 12:01 AM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Teardrop Trailer Camping

I just caught a show on the Travel channelon TV, all about Teardrop Trailers. Quite a fad. And still active.

So, I looked up "Teardrop Travel Trailers" on Google. It's amazing how much stuff is out there about these trailers, including plans for building one.

This may be the way to go for some of us. I'm looking into it for myself.

Here are some links to what I found.

http://home.earthlink.net/~frelance/greatlakesteardrop/ http://www.desertteardrops.com/ http://home.centurytel.net/edevold/ http://www.outbackteardrop.com/ http://www.desertteardrops.com/window.html http://www.teardrops.net/plans01.html http://www.jpjennings.com/home/TeardropTrailer/tdtrailer.htm http://pages.prodigy.net/rfs2growup/HOME.HTM http://www.angib.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/teardrop/tear00.htm http://myweb.cableone.net/jimbeckwith1/

There are many more out there. These were but a few.

Enjoy!

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver