Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:26:21 -0500
From:         Tim Demarest <tim.demarest@POBOX.COM>
Subject:      Re: Location of 120V land line outlet - Canadian models
Comments: To: Keith Adams <keith_adams@TRANSCANADA.COM>

On the US model, there is no cord attached to the van... nothing to pull out or reel in. With the US-spec. power attachment, you just have a 'plug' mounted into the utilitly inlet, and you can stick just about any ordinary 3-wire extension cord right onto it.

Here's a picture on the GoWesty! site, so you can see what it looks like... unfortunately, they list it as out of stock right now.

http://www.gowesty.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=255-070-521&Category_Code=cp-ce-hookups

At 09:40 AM 11/15/2004 -0700, Keith Adams wrote: >I'm in the midst of replacing the driver's side panel on my 86 Westy >(Canadian model). Since I'm using a panel from a passenger model van, I >have to cut the holes for the camper outlets. Pictures for the curious > >http://lccci-1.commonsensecc.com/cvd/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8440 > > > >The 120V land line is utterly useless to me - why I have to haul around >12' of 30A cord is beyond me. I plan to make it so you lift up the flap >and plug an extension cord in, rather than a pull out cord. The only >time I ever use the 120 outlet is at home to precool the fridge before >we go on a trip. And I don't like that it's way down at the bottom, >either. > > > >So before I measure twice (or thrice or umpteen times) and cut holes in >my panel, what say ye about moving the 120V outlet up to the water >inlets, like the American models and shortening the cord? Would it make >more sense to move the 120V outlet further towards the back of the van? >How are the American models set up for the 120V cord? > > > >Thanks, > >Keith Adams > >calgary.ab.ca > >86 Westy