Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 18 Nov 2004 13:53:51 -0600
From:         Al and Sue Brase <albeeee@MCHSI.COM>
Subject:      Re: [Syncro] meet tim...
Comments: To: jimt <wetwesty@TACTICAL-BUS.INFO>

I agree completely. The older vehicles have a lot going for them! Not the least of which is a lot less plastic. Plastic manufacturing is great to make tooling for and bring a product to market cheaply. What it is NOT good for is durability. (How many Vanagons speedos are falling out?) What I really miss most on mine is: 1. quietness; 2. ABS brakes. (Even having practiced on skids as much as I am, when I got into a bad situation when I hit a deer really hard, I locked them up, skidded off the road and into the ditch). I recovered, got it out of the ditch and drove it home. But it would have been MUCH better off with ABS! I know they made them in europe with ABS; it would be tempting to get the parts and retro fit to my 91. Subie or I4 engine? not that important to me. Al Brase