Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:04:17 -0500
From:         Dan Blank <scumwaffle2@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: NVC - List Members - Homebuilt XGA Projector with 6 foot
              display              screen - $300

I had thought about going the overhead-projector route...until I found this site: http://www.lumenlab.com/ (I'm not affiliated with this site, just a paying customer)

It's $20 for the guide, but that also gets you into the protected forums which is more than worth the price for all the info contained in there. You can check out the un-protected "project gallery" forum without purchasing to take a look at what some of the members have been building.

The overhead projector design seems to me more of a short-term solution (held together with packing tape?) While the Lumenlab design is meant to be a bit more sturdy in it's construction. I guess it depends on how much time you want to put into it and what you'll be using it for. Don't get me wrong...the overhead-projector will work, but for how long? Bend one of those FFC edge connectors on the LCD (that they've got taped in place) too far and that panel is done for.

Check out both sites if anyone's interested in the subject.:-)

(Just for the record, I haven't had the time/cash to build either one yet...I guess you could say I'm in the pre-pre-design phase.)

(RVC) I'm about to go outside and fix the rear brakes on my Vanagon. This is one DIY project that needs to be finished sooner-than-later.

'till later...

Dan B. '91 Vanagon GL 2.1 WBX (running (but not stopping) great!) '83 Vanagon GL 2.0 Air-Cooled (not) Ocean City, NJ