Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Nov 2004 19:19:36 -0800
From:         Doug in Calif <vanagon@ASTOUND.NET>
Subject:      Wood Stove Westy

Okay, I need some fuel for thought. The only wood stove I have ever even seen a notion of is the one pic of Otmar's strectch vanagon camped witht the smoke stack of a wood stove sticking up about 6 feet above the van with smoke exiting the stack.

I just emailed him to ask what type of wood stove he was using in the vanagon.

I would like to hear any thoughts or ideas from all those folks out there who may have thought about installing a wood stove in the westy or standard vanagon for camping in cold weather.

I would like to make an attempt at designing a wood stove for the vanagon that is very small. I need feedback on flue pipe routing and where in the westy or standard vanagon a small woodstove could work .

Any related thoughts about this idea you folks may have had would be greatly appreciated. I will certainly post my end results of this project.

It is my thinking that a portable "micro" wood stove that has many of the advanced features of the new generation wood burning stoves have for home use would be in interesting addition to westy winter camping.

Please feel free to p-email me with any of your ideas or feed back.

Again what is only a thought or desire can become a reality.

Doug