Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 15 Nov 2004 19:40:45 +0100
From:         Calle Fallberg <calle.fallberg@TELIA.COM>
Subject:      Re: brake pedal going to floor

Craig !

You probably have a master cylinder leak, itīs not that hard to change the cylinder the PITA could be to get the air out afterwards with bleaders thatīs stuck .... Do the job ASAP, when the seepage has started it often get worse rapidly and you will never forgive yourself if something or somebody get in your way and you run into them just because you hadnīt the time to pump fifteen times to get the pressure up enough to stop your vehicle ! While youīre at it, change the brake fluid if you havenīt for a while too, the fluid absorbs water wich will damage your pipes in the long run and the water might cause air in the system too if your brakes get hot !

Good Luck Calle

----- Original Message ----- From: "Craig Oda" <craigoda@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 6:53 PM Subject: brake pedal going to floor