Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 21 Nov 2004 11:51:42 -0600
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: ETKA
Comments: To: aircooled chris <aircooledchris@EUCASAFARI.VENDIOWEB.COM>

Official VW Parts catalog on CD- includes parts and assembly blow-ups, part numbers, etc. Though out of date itself, most part numbers still valid. If not, your dealer could take the old number and cross-regerence and find any number that h as been superceded. Often a VW dealer parts department will tell you "We don't have that -or - No longer availble" ....... BUT, if you find some obscure number and take it to them, they can in fact find the part.

Also, a ETKA is a "must have" reference to aid in doing your own maintenance. Especially as nowadays, the Vanagon is such an orphan with VW that mechanics at many dealers haven't a clue as to how to work on them. Many younger mechanics will be learning about vanagons on your machine and that is a VERY costly propsition.

You can get a copy of this by visiting http://frankcondelli.com

Regards,

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver