Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:53:31 -0800
From:         Jim Thompson <jim@KARMANNGHIA.COM>
Subject:      Re: Makin keys
Comments: To: Phil Menchions <pmenchions@GMAIL.COM>

In the case of Vanagons, the "letter" the locksmith is looking for is sometimes not there on the door handle(s), but usually appears on the ignition lock cylinder (on the side, when removed from the steering lock). The letter is N. All Vanagons have what is called a "N" profile milling. When looking up the code in the Curtis Code Book, all that will appear in the listings are the numbers associated with the "N" profile (Gee I wish I had that section).

Thank the gods VW was NEVER associated with a loser outfit like Renault......

Jim Thompson 84 Westfalia 2.1 "Ole Putt" oldvolkshome@earthlink.net jim@karmannghia.com http://www.oldvolkshome.com *********************** ----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Menchions" <pmenchions@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 12:42 PM Subject: Re: Makin keys