Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:41:31 -0600
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: what do you have in it
Comments: To: Daniel Stevens <dosteven@SYR.EDU>

On the '85 GL I had in Alaska. I regularly hauled 15-100# bags of plaster the 150 miles from Anchorage through the mountains down to Soldotna/Kenai. Also same load in clay as well. Handle the load really well, just slow to climb the hills, but never an overheating problem. But then it's never ever really hot in Alaska.

On my 88 GL, never so heavy a load have I carried. However, there was a time when I regularly carried 12 foot lumber and stp ladders --- inside and with the doors and hatches closed. Nothing sticking out.

I have got to say that for me the Vanagon is the handiest vehicle I have ever owned. The utility is incredible.

Regards,

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver