Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 25 Nov 2004 22:15:45 -0700
From:         Bob Stevens <mtbiker62@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Low Beams out, Where to Look?
Comments: To: LOREN BUSCH <labusch@VERIZON.NET>

This sounds to me like the ignition switch problem. It's accessed by removing the plastic steering column shrouds (2, upper and lower-2 screws on the bottom side) and the white plastic switch is held to the bottom end of the ignition assembly by a single phillips screw. That just unplugs and is what needs to be replaced. I once drove as you did for about 120 miles headed for Moab. Got the wrath of everyone heading toward me and finally got stopped by a hiway patrolman. Demo'd my problem to him and he just wished me well and sent me on my way. My $0.02 bob

----- Original Message ----- From: "LOREN BUSCH" <labusch@VERIZON.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, November 25, 2004 8:53 PM Subject: Low Beams out, Where to Look?