Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 28 Nov 2004 20:37:35 -0700
From:         Bob Stevens <mtbiker62@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: WBX in Porsche
Comments: To: albeeee@MCHSI.COM

"the word" I've read on the subie list says the XT6 motor, even though 145 hp, does not have the torque at low end needed for the vanagon. just repeating what I've read there, no personal knowledge. Oh, I googled and found this: 88-91 2700 2672 145@5200 156@4000 ER-27 XT6 (coolest of all 2 valve) is posted here: http://www.ultimatesubaru.net/80s/specs/mechanical/engine-specs.html notice the rpm that 156 lb/ft comes on.

man do they work great in the subie though!

Bob

----Original Message Follows---- From: Al and Sue Brase <albeeee@MCHSI.COM> Reply-To: Al and Sue Brase <albeeee@MCHSI.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: WBX in Porsche Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 21:05:36 -0600

Well, I was comparing the WBX to the 1.6 Porsche. Or even an authentic 912E engine, which I have. (But since they only made 2099 total cars, original spare engines and junkyard parts are hard to find.) C'mon John, do subies never need head gaskets? I doubt they are as bad as WBX's, but NEVER? One guy I talked to several years ago- a type 4 guy- called the WBX a Frankenstein motor. I know what he means, but it's not THAT bad! And-maybe this should be a new thread- what about the 2.7 engine from the XT-6? Both for a Vanagons or a 912 Porsche? It's still about 160 hp or so, right? Al Brase