Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2004, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:15:14 -0700
From:         Bob Stevens <mtbiker62@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Brazil new buses. was Re: Buying a VW and picking it up at
              the factory in Germany:
Comments: To: SVYOLO@YAHOO.COM

Somethng like $34K Braziian currency, $12.5K US for the one displayed on the recently posted website.

bob ----Original Message Follows---- From: John Reddick <SVYOLO@YAHOO.COM> Reply-To: John Reddick <SVYOLO@YAHOO.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Brazil new buses. was Re: Buying a VW and picking it up at the factory in Germany: Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:07:27 -0500

I have not checked the price of the new vans in Brazil, but 2 years ago in the dealership they were 20,000 Reals ($7,000) at todays exchange rate. I believe they are still made. The base model comes with an air cooled engine and a diesel was also available, with an ugly-duct-taped-on- looking radiator on the front. I can't remember what they charged for the diesel option. Late model Mexican vans were also available with inline 4 VW motors and diesels. I don't get there much so I don't know what they cost. I get to travel to Brazil regularly, and am writing this reply in Sao Paolo.

John 87 Westy SVX