Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2004, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 29 Nov 2004 22:14:20 -0700
From:         jimt <wetwesty@TACTICAL-BUS.INFO>
Subject:      Re: Maintenance Schedule

When I had the air cooled engine in I was changing oil every three months and doing a thorough engine inspection at the same time. After I did the engine mod to the subie engine I was inspecting weekly to see if any of my many fabrication points needed adjusting. A year and half later I still find myself doing inspections every month at least. I have found that these quick look and see inspections have kept me from a lot of on the road problems that were easily handled in the driveway in a few minutes. Like a little coolant leak from a loose clamp, a hose rubbing where it shouldn¹t be, a little wiring hold off that has seen to many heat and stress cycles in its lifetime and wires now hanging where they shouldn¹t, etc. however all that inspecting still gave me no notice whatsoever of a major cv joint failure.

jimt