Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 1 Dec 2004 08:39:36 -0800
From:         Bostig Engineering <syncrolist@BOSTIG.COM>
Subject:      Re: Ford style MASS system
Comments: To: Mark Keller <kelphoto@SHAW.CA>

Hi Mark,

Yes the finding on this page are consistent with our findings so far. We aren't using composites for the cool air box, but thermoplastics for price reasons. The isn't *really* the need for composites in this case either, although I'd love to do it, I think pricing considerations should come first and get this conversion into the hands(or vans) of folks quickly so they can start enjoying them and spread the word. And yes breathing new life into the waterboxer is exactly our intent, and for those not satisfied with the waterboxer, or who aren't of "purest" persuasions, we also have a new engine conversion alternative for the vanagon community to release in abuot the same timeframe. We've been studying the raves and complaints of the other various conversions for some time, and our solution stands to answer many, mostly regarding price, power, durability, availability, ease of install, fitment and power potential. Expect two versions, one with 150 hp, and one with 280, both coming in less than a tiico *installed* with engine included. Our testing road trip is going to be a trip from MA to NC in the next 2 or 3 months(so if you live along the way we can stop by for an up close and personal inspection) Stay tuned boys and girls, as I hope our Bostig team is going to make a lasting impression on the community. (sorry for the teaser, but I had to :) (email me offlist if you want to try and finagle details, or would like to become the second or third install jakibaATbostig.com --replace AT with @)

Best Regards,

Jim Akiba Bostig Engineering