Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 1 Dec 2004 08:52:10 -0600
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1-1@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Humidity and storage
Comments: To: Pascal Giasson <pascal.giasson@GNB.CA>

but how do you "chock it down" on a fuel injected vanagon? Pascal '84 Westy --------------------- Clip --------------------------- I just remove one of the hoses going into the rubber boot either Crank case breather or Auxillary Air Regulator hose and fill a turkey baster with MMO. I crank the engine, run it up to about 3000 rpms and squirt the MMO right in there to kill the engine. If you can't get it done this way you can remove the spark plugs and put about an ounce of MMO or oil in each cylinder. You then crank the engine over without the plugs to get as much distribution of the oil as pissibe.

Stan Wilder Engine Ceramics 214-352-4931 www.engineceramics.com ----- Original Message ----- From: "Pascal Giasson" <pascal.giasson@GNB.CA> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 6:57 AM Subject: Re: Humidity and storage

> I've done this with my old carburated beetles, but how do you "chock it > down" on a fuel injected vanagon? Last year I did my best by spaying some > engine fogger into each cylinder as per the instructions on the aerosol can > (pretty well had a heart attack when the little plastic straw used to get > the fluid into the combustion chamber disslodged from the spay valve and > flew into one of the combustion chambers...after calming down I figured I > may as well try to get it out the way it went in so I turned the motor over > by hand and out came the straw from the spark plug hole...I think they > heard me across town creaming with joy!) Needless to say I am a little > timid about trying my luck with this fogging spray again this year. > > Thanks > > Pascal > '84 Westy > > >"I'd run the engine until it got to full operating temps and then choke it > >down by running MMO (Marvel Mystery Oil) through it to kill it. > >That should coat the cylinder walls, valves, ports etc with MMO. > >>You can choke it down with regular motor oil if the MMO doesn't light your > >fire." > > >Stan Wilder > >Engine Ceramics > >214-352-4931 > >www.engineceramics.com > > > > > -- > No virus found in this incoming message. > Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. > Version: 7.0.289 / Virus Database: 265.4.3 - Release Date: 11/26/2004 > >

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.289 / Virus Database: 265.4.3 - Release Date: 11/26/2004