Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 3 Dec 2004 11:59:01 -0500
From:         Daniel Stevens <dosteven@SYR.EDU>
Subject:      1980 AC model speedo

I have an 1980 model with a speedo and a blank where the clock is usually.. I have another AC model speedo w/clock (AC don't have temp gauges, but shoulda I mean REALLY WTH it's not that hard to give 2 CHT senders)

back on topic.. my other AC model speedo has a differant cable connection.. is that cable connection the same as the later WC speedos? if I change my cables ... (not looking forward to that.. ) then would I be able to upgrade to a speedo with tach later?

or would I be better off trying to get the clock guts into my early non-clock cluster?

maybe I should put a Diesel tach ( my 1980 is TD converted) in the early AC cluster, but i'd really prefer a clock..

Dan Stevens VWCCNY syracuse NY 1980 ASI riveria Turbo Diesel.