Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 1 Dec 2004 15:24:00 -0700
From:         Kellen Dengler <kellendengler@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Climate Control Help

So it seems it is the Behr in dash AC unit. Does anyone else out there have one of these? If so where is your on/off switch/knob/dial or whatever to control it? I think my original missing knob might be for controlling this because the way the auxilliary heater knob was described you must push it in and then turn it. Mine won't push in, you can only turn it like a dial. Is this how the Behr AC unit is controlled?

My next question is why would all of the wires from the dial be cut and zip-tied? I can't figure out where they need to be connected to. This really surprises me because I live in Phoenix where AC is crucial and this whole time I didn't even know I had an AC unit. I want to get this baby cranking. Does anyone with a Behr have any suggestions to start looking for where the wires need to be connected at? I'm thinking I might have to pull the whole dash.

Thanks, Kellen 1980 Vanagon