Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 Dec 2004 09:54:26 -0700
From:         Paul Connelly <paul@THEMOUNTAINSUSA.COM>
Subject:      Re: there is so much dissention and animosity on this list

Where do you all find the time and energy to even bother with these "Flame Fests". I just read the posts and laugh. Who cares? Life's too short. We all have other things to do (we do all own Vanagons after all!!!).

This list is both wonderful and amazing in its knowledge base for Vanagons, and incredibly petty in its sensibilities regarding anything else (politics, religion, sweary words, sexual content etc.). There are some great threads with NVC, and they are fun too - if not, we all have a delete button.

Live, let live, and ease up on the gas people!

Paul Connelly '86 Syncro Westy Hummingbird

----- Original Message ----- From: <JordanVw@AOL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2004 9:03 AM Subject: there is so much dissention and animosity on this list

just making an observation here..if you go back and look at the threads over the last few weeks...there are more threads about people being upset with each other, threads about badmouthing someone's actions or beliefs, threads about trashing someone's rep and putting them down, threads about people being upset with something someone says, or does.. - THAN ACTUAL VANAGON RELATED POSTS..

just making an observation. and, yes, there is more dissention and animosity on this list, than any other list or forum i am on.. this list isnt what it used to be years ago.

just an observation and my 2¢

now, back to your previously scheduled flame fest.. chris