Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 Dec 2004 21:27:04 -0600
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1-1@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon Parts Prices Going Up Everywhere
Comments: To: The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>

That price increase just stands to reason. Recent reports say that most imported cars will increase as much as $1000.00 per unit in the 2005 model year just because of steel prices. If Wal Mart / Sams Clibs kicks the slats out of the new KMART/SEARS you can bet they'll boost their prices too. The worls is changing quickly ............... On a recent visit to Albertsons / Vons or other I couldn't buy Tobasco Sauce but had three made in Mexico alternates to choose from. News from financial sources are that Microsoft released the new version of QUAKE thay had a $90,000,000 day. That's 90 Million for plastic disks and computer games.

Stan Wilder Engine Ceramics 214-352-4931 www.engineceramics.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "The Bus Depot" <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2004 9:05 PM Subject: Vanagon Parts Prices Going Up Everywhere

> This has been a recent thread on the Type2 list. I thought I'd post the > "condensed version" of it here because it applies equally to Vanagon parts. > See below. > > - Ron Salmon > The Bus Depot, Inc. > www.busdepot.com > (215) 234-VWVW > > _____________________________________________ > Toll-Free for Orders by PART # : 1-866-BUS-DEPOT > > > -----Original Message----- > From: Mark Hineline > Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2004 9:29 AM > To: Type 2 List > Subject: [T2] Bus parts and exchange rates > > > I took it upon myself to resend the following, because many listees are > doubtless deleting messages with the WR1 subject heading: > > Ron from Bus Depot wrote: > > "The fall of the dollar also has a lot to do with it. Everything > imported is skyrocketing in price because the dollar is dropping to new > lows every day. Most indications are that this will only get worse over > the near future. If you need any imported parts (and most VW parts are, > of course, imported), I _strongly_ advise you to stock up now, because > huge price increases, industry wide, are almost a certainty. This is > not a come-on but an honest assessment of the current market. > Everything I'm reordering is costing me 10-25% more because of the > dollar's fall, and every other importer's seeing the same thing. Prices > on many parts are going to skyrocket." > > And Richard Atwell concurred: > > "This is good advice. I deal with CDN currency conversions all the time > and it really hurts right now. Right after the election it just went > zoom." > > Mark Hineline > > > -- > No virus found in this incoming message. > Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. > Version: 7.0.289 / Virus Database: 265.4.6 - Release Date: 12/5/2004 > >

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.289 / Virus Database: 265.4.6 - Release Date: 12/5/2004