Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 Dec 2004 22:52:01 -0500
From:         Sudhir Desai <sudhir.desai@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon Parts Prices Going Up Everywhere
Comments: To: Ken Wilford <kenwilfy@comcast.net>

ken.. if you need any paid in dollars parts runners lemme know :D ... I'm good at that sort of thing ;)

Sudhir.

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 22:35:38 -0500, Ken Wilford <kenwilfy@comcast.net> wrote: > Yes I have especially noticed this with VW dealer only parts. I had a > jump of 40% in the cost of parts from VW in September. Everyone that > used to complain about the cost of coolant hoses, etc. should have > bought them last year because the price of most of them just went up 40% > and I am sure it is the weak dollar thing plus normal price increase > from VW combined. I got pretty beat up on prices until I got a new > dealer price book. I am used to 10-20% increases every six months or so > but this was a jump in a large number of parts and I sold several > expensive parts for less than what I paid for them (I felt I had to > stick by my original price quote or published web prices). > > One part in particular I have noticed has seriously jumped in price is > the Vanagon rear heater core. I still have these for $70 but this price > will only last as long as the current stock I have. The new price for > the rear heater core will be around $149. If you need a rear heater > core, now would be a good time to get one. Just FYI. > > Ken Wilford > John 3:16 > www.vanagain.com > > > > The Bus Depot wrote: > > >This has been a recent thread on the Type2 list. I thought I'd post the > >"condensed version" of it here because it applies equally to Vanagon parts. > >See below. > > > >- Ron Salmon > > The Bus Depot, Inc. > > www.busdepot.com > > (215) 234-VWVW > > > >_____________________________________________ > >Toll-Free for Orders by PART # : 1-866-BUS-DEPOT > > > > > >-----Original Message----- > >From: Mark Hineline > >Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2004 9:29 AM > >To: Type 2 List > >Subject: [T2] Bus parts and exchange rates > > > > > >I took it upon myself to resend the following, because many listees are > >doubtless deleting messages with the WR1 subject heading: > > > >Ron from Bus Depot wrote: > > > >"The fall of the dollar also has a lot to do with it. Everything > >imported is skyrocketing in price because the dollar is dropping to new > >lows every day. Most indications are that this will only get worse over > >the near future. If you need any imported parts (and most VW parts are, > >of course, imported), I _strongly_ advise you to stock up now, because > >huge price increases, industry wide, are almost a certainty. This is > >not a come-on but an honest assessment of the current market. > >Everything I'm reordering is costing me 10-25% more because of the > >dollar's fall, and every other importer's seeing the same thing. Prices > >on many parts are going to skyrocket." > > > >And Richard Atwell concurred: > > > >"This is good advice. I deal with CDN currency conversions all the time > >and it really hurts right now. Right after the election it just went > >zoom." > > > >Mark Hineline > > > > > > >