Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Dec 2004 21:23:50 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Replace trans oil cooler?
Comments: To: Daniel Erlandson <danoer1@EARTHLINK.NET>

I wouldn't necessarily blame the tranny shop. It is not normal to replace support equipment unless there is an indication for it and most shops hesitate to suggest replacing additional parts that may have only some slight chance of future failure as they are then accused of being rip offs. When was the last time you replaced the radiator, or the hoses, or the master cylinder after a brake job? It sucks when thing happen but it is not always cost effective to replace everything that might fail.

Dennis