Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 7 Dec 2004 07:35:29 -0800
From:         Jean-Woo Kim <jeanwoo@FULLER.EDU>
Subject:      Power window question.

The passenger-side power window does not work on my 87 Westfalia. I don't hear the motor when I operate the switches or apply direct 12 volt to the motor. (This confirms dead motor.)

And the window itself seems to have come undone from the regulator for I can slide it up or down with hands with ease. The lifting/pulling wire from the motor does not move. The window itself wants to stay down so I have it up using some wedges from underneath. (This probably means broken window regulator.)

Now, has anyone fixed the power window by tearing into the power window motor or fixing the window regulator without replacing the whole thing? I suspect that the original design of the power window regulator is flimsy and just no good.

Or, if anyone has these items for inexpensive I would like to hear about them. Thank you.

Jean-Woo