Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 7 Dec 2004 10:45:34 -0600
From:         Bruce Nadig <motorbruce@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 130mph in a vanagon
Comments: To: wetwesty@TACTICAL-BUS.INFO

Once again, I have a Porsche 911 powered Vanagon. It has a Porsche transmission and I find this entirely believable. Among the things that I have done is had both my speedometer and odometer calibrated. I also have a trick little program that calculates theoretical top speed in each gear given the input of any specific gear ratio, final drive ratio, and tire size. When I went 112mph in my Vanagon the tach and speedo readings matched just what the chart said they would.

Once again, I deem this a believable claim.

Cheers, Bruce motorbruce motorbruce@hotmail.com