Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 Dec 2004 11:38:31 +0100
From:         Calle <vw.vanagon@TELIA.COM>
Subject:      Re: 130MPH - Live To Die In My Vanagon!
Comments: To: Bruce Nadig <motorbruce@HOTMAIL.COM>

You just don´t shoehorne a new engine into a Vanagon or whatever without some technical skills ! And having that you´re probably interested in handling, brakes and the rest of the package too Badmouthing every Vanagonowner who want to share his or her joy over being able to get some payback from all hours and money spend on the rig is the perfect way of starting a loong thread that will eventually end unfriendly And slapping them in the face with the "unsafe and deathwish" or "this is impossible" argument is absolutely getting us there Try to be a bit supportive instead ! OK, the Vanagon wasn´t originally intended to go 60 mph + but I doubt that Henry Ford would dream of a Deuce with a bigblock either ? Still there´s a big Custom Industry and I don´t think their cars automatically´s so much better in safety than the Vanagon DIY´s just because their customers pays 100K+ $ Why is it so impossible to be able to share anything but curtains with flowers or the newest model portapotti without being flamed ??

Let´s get SOME of the old hippie culture back on the list - no, not the dope but the "Make love- Not war" and some of the "Peace" mentality

PLEASE

Calle

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bruce Nadig" <motorbruce@HOTMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 7:55 PM Subject: 130MPH - Live To Die In My Vanagon!