Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 8 Dec 2004 01:31:05 -0600
From:         Al and Sue Brase <albeeee@MCHSI.COM>
Subject:      Re: westy slider door curtain differences... results!!
Comments: To: jimt <wetwesty@TACTICAL-BUS.INFO>

Damn poor parts books aren't they? Think of all the man hours they could save if they would just make the parts books a little better. I wonder how often dealers order the wrong parts for customers? Hell, you'd think maybe VWofA might rewrite the books to fix the mistakes for part of their 125% markup or whatever it is. After all, I'm sure they pick up the restocking costs anyway in the long run. But what do you expect, these are the guys that had the goose that laid the golden eggs and they starved it to death. Some other auto companies have fabulous parts books. Mercedes comes to mind. I'm sure there are others. NOT Chevrolet as of the 1990's. It seems like Ford is quite good. If the manufacturer can't take the trouble to record which parts went on which car, then who the hell else will know? Not rocket science, exactly. Al Brase