Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 Dec 2004 20:45:58 -0700
From:         Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>
Subject:      Re: refilling tranny fluid
Comments: To: wlail@OU.EDU

Sounds like a lot of extra work for little gain, unless you're planning on replacing the gear oil anyway. The tranny is to be filled to within 5/8" of the fill hole's lower lip. This can easily be checked by using an allen-type wrench as a dipstick.

However, the unpardonable sin you're committed here is to tell someone to remove the drain plug first. Always be absolutely certain that you can remove the fill plug before messing around with the drain plug. If the fill plug happens to be seized, the only way to refill the tranny will be to remove said tranny!

Karl