Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 12 Dec 2004 22:11:44 -0600
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1-1@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Air Cooled Rear Passenger Area Heat
Comments: To: Jonathan Poole <jfpoolio@GMAIL.COM>

True story here! My rear facing heater at the floor level worked wonderful. It worked so good that on two separate occasions it exploded soft drink cans that it super heated. After the first explosion and sticky vapor you'd think I learned my lesson but as things moved around on a trip to Albuquerque the six pack of cans got near the rear floor vent and another couple of cans exploded. Actually it was quite exciting at the time. In general I covered my intake behind the front grill (in winter months) and the heater worked better the faster I went. Proper adjustment and good seals on your heater box flaps will direct to heat to the proper ducts. If your heater boxes are in good shape and the heatsinks aren't melted down you should get good heat even at well below 30 degrees (f).

Stan Wilder Engine Ceramics 214-352-4931 www.engineceramics.com ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jonathan Poole" <jfpoolio@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, December 12, 2004 9:30 PM Subject: Air Cooled Rear Passenger Area Heat

> Howdy List, > > I have been tinkering with the climate control system in my '82 > Air-Cooled Westy. This vanagon is federal and has no auxillary heater > installed. I have the following question: > > Should the rear, passenger-area floor vent always blow heat when the > heat is on? Mine always blows heat (when heat is on) but I have > noticed in the Bentley that there is a cable actuated control on the > side of the rear, floor vent distributor. I am curious if mine is > working correctly but don't want to drop the fuel tank to investigate > further. Last winter I plugged the outlet holes on the rear, > passenger-area floor vent and saw a nice increase in the front vent > outputs, but would like to heat the rear occasionally and easily. > > Thanks, > > Jonathan Poole > > > -- > No virus found in this incoming message. > Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. > Version: 7.0.296 / Virus Database: 265.5.0 - Release Date: 12/9/2004 > >

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.296 / Virus Database: 265.5.0 - Release Date: 12/9/2004