Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 14 Dec 2004 02:33:03 -0500
From:         AAG - Larry Word <WORD_AAG@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      1985 VW Vanagon - water pumping question -1.9l gas

My vanagon has stopped pumping water? All water lines appear hot in engine compartment, lukewarn under-car, etc. with my front heater having no heat and the radiator cool on all sides? I have brief moments of heat in my front area and at those times my temp. appears "better". -What would make my water pump not pump? It's still intact..... -Could an air bubble in my system cause this or would that work itself out enough to insure that I had alittle water to the front of my radiator. -Would a water Vanagon system needing bleeding be enough to have my water pump not pump? if so, would this likely burn up my older style water pump (1.9l) ? -Stuck shut thermostat is my guess...but is that all I need to concern myself w/ at this time? -My temp. rises quickly and stays above water level light on dash. -At what point to you cause "damage" to these vanagon engines? Over the years, I have driven a good distance "slightly above that water level light on dask) while trying to figure out best approach to fix my engine. This is a new issue I am trying to get handle on and avoid major issue by not handling.....

Thanks for any and all insights.....

Larry Georgia