Vanagon EuroVan
Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (December 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 19 Dec 2004 16:33:57 -0700
From:         jimt <camper@TACTICAL-BUS.INFO>
Subject:      Re: VW Trends Bites The Dust....
Comments: To: Jim Thompson <jim@KARMANNGHIA.COM>

Personally I am on the watch to see what subscription they will substitute for vwtrends for the subscribers. I have been caught in three of these kills over the years.

One - vw classic and custom (if I got the name right) they transferred my subscription to another of their car mags (car craft??) they reappeared back on the news stand about 6 or 7 months later but I never bought an issue or resubscribed.

Two was a mag that the publisher dropped but I got a letter in the mail that they were negotiating with a new publisher and to please wait and that I was to receive a letter in the mail from the former publisher about replacing with one of their subscriptions or a refund. Got the letter and the refund offer was hilarious. Turned over to the state and found out it was legal. They billed me the amount of full retail on the issues I had been sent which left a little over 3 bucks. So I took a finish on one of their other mags. BTW the publisher that dropped them now publishes nothing but porn mags.

Three was a vwmag out of england that got dropped by its publisher. I got a email from them that they were reversing the charge on my credit card. (hadnt gotten my first issue yet and they did it on their own) and that they were in negotiation for a new publisher.

When I filed a complaint with the state on the second one I basically got told that subscriptions done directly with the publisher fall under one law, subscriptions done through and agent you are basically on your own in most states. The repricing done is considered normal and legal.

DUCK folks I just found an old copy of that substituted mag mentioned in one.. It was car craft! The publisher is PRIMEMEDIA.

jimt