Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 Dec 2004 11:05:30 -0500
From:         Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Re: Gypsy is gone...
Comments: To: Debbie Walters <debbwa@EARTHLINK.NET>

Deb......so sorry, i hope YOU are fine, but am sure you are..... I don't ever want see that hapen to me....never. Good that your dogs were not present, or child, or friends..... or anyone for that matter... Can you guys imagine a young child in the back or an handicap person....

This is a sad but classic news!!!!

The following is not for you Deb(Sadly), but for all other member on the list: http://www.benplace.com/fuel_line.htm

And to be sure you all understand: http://www.benplace.com/bjp/100_0039_78.jpg http://www.benplace.com/bjp/100_0042_78.jpg

In a 3 month period, EVERY BUS'S OR VAN'S that came to my place had one or some fissured/crack fuel hoses/lines....i said EVERYONE!!!! IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH. Why am i always checking that!!!! read bellow....

Another horror story: Carburated Bus's that run with an FI pump!!!!!!!!!!! They buy or are given a used FI pump instead of buying the more expensive regulated carbs one.... you should see the mess i did at my shop wile working on a problem....the Fuel line exploded at 1 feet from my face, fuel everywhere........enough said!

I charge 150$ for all fuel hose replacement, including parts and time (including a fuel line and pump pressure check after the job). Am not selling anything here, you all live to far, but am trying to make a point!!!!!

Am proud to say that i have convince 8 Bus's and Van's owner to do so latly.... Of course, i have a printed picture in my shop of a "saldy"...burned Bus.

Take care Deb, and i fully understand your decision of going with a truck. Because i work on those Van and Bus's everyday, and now, they are starting to scare me , not only the Fuel line but also some very scary electric wiring problem (like a live + wire near a fuel hose clamp!!!!), mostly modification did by owner or PO...

Just to tell you how mutch those van are scaring me.....i disconnect all batteries before i leave the shop at night!!!! Except the one on my Bus!

I hope i made my point! Ben http://www.benplace.com/