Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 16 Dec 2004 15:58:52 -0700
From:         jimt <camper@TACTICAL-BUS.INFO>
Subject:      Re: CV tool name. Got it. Now, what size is it, really?
Comments: To: jbrush@AROS.NET

On a recent cv axel replacement I found both the tri and hex on the same axel. Of course the hex heads were out of sight and had me trying for quite a while to get the tri in there by feel and not making it. I figure a sadist did it. As for getting in and out for tools, I have found that for some stuff like the joints a simple short raising of the vehicle is very convenient. I have a couple 2 by 8 that I drive up on for each side. That little 3 inch lift is just right. (a finished 2 x 8 actually measure less for the non wood people.) or jack it up and stick a stand under it. That little extra room does wonders.

The tri that I have in my box is an M8 donšt remember if the hex was a 6 or 8.

jimt