Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 16 Dec 2004 22:00:35 -0600
From:         Joel Walker <jwalker17@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: HELP My wife thiks the van is unsafe

> We've owned Vanagons for over 30 years and our three children all > grew up in one. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone tipping > over in one.

in all the junkyards i've frequented in that past 25 years, i've seen ONE vanagon rollover. it had dents all over the roof, but the roof shape was still intact. a couple of windows were broken, and the mirrors were busted off. the driver supposedly rounded a curve too fast in the rain and slide sideways ... when his tires hit the dirt on the side of the road, that's when the roll began. the talk in the junkyard was that he could have steered out of it, but who knows.

now ... NObody was killed or seriously injured in that wreck. glass cuts and broken arm, i think they said. go look at a rollover chevy SUV in the junkyard. notice how the roof over the front driver/passenger isn't much of a roof anymore ... more like down at the dash! :(

and my USAA insurance company gives me a 'safe vehicle' discount for my 91 vanagon. seems that they consider it a safer car than some others, simply cause they have fewer claims filed by vanagon owners. go figure. :)

joel