Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 17 Dec 2004 18:38:04 +0000
From:         Zach White <zwhite@DARKSTAR.FROP.ORG>
Subject:      List Vendors ignoring people (Was: Re: HELP My wife thiks the van
              is unsafe)

This is not a defense of or an attack on anyone, just an observation.

I've personnally had some list vendors completely ignore me (even phone calls, and ever after offering to sell me specific parts I requested on the list) and others respond right away in a very helpful manor. I haven't figured out any pattern, or any reason why I would be ignored by some vendors, but I am.

I've seen random postings from others this has happened to as well. I'm not sure why it happens. Perhaps list vendors have spam filters that are too agressive, perhaps they just pick and choose their customers, I don't know.

I have bought parts and gotten useful information from vendors I've seen complaints about, so it's not consistantly the same vendors ignoring the same people.

What I do know is that I continually go to those vendors that respond to me with helpful information. In the few months I've been on the list I've personally sent hundreds of dollars worth of business to various vendors, mostly out of appreciation to those who are willing to contribute their valuable knowledge to the list.

To all vendors that are active on the list, I'd like to say thank you. To those who have helped me in private email, I'd especially like to say thank you. I've learned a lot from all the vendors, even those who have chosen to ignore my requests for parts.

To those vendors who have ignored me, I simply ask that you take a look at your filtering policies to see if you're missing potential sales. I don't want to name names, especially on list, but if you're curious as to whether I've asked you for parts in the past, you're more than welcome to email me. I will respond to any messages I get on this subject.

-Zach

On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 10:36:55AM -0700, Gerald Masar wrote: > Ken, > Is there a reason you can reply to list msgs but not to my e-mails requesting parts? > Sent to both kenwilfy@comcast.net > and Sales@VanAgain.com > Jerry in Arizona > and my apologies to the list > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Ken Wilford" <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET> > > Ken Wilford > > John 3:16 > > www.vanagain.com > > > > >