Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:34:24 -0500
From:         Kenneth Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Sorry didn't mean to ignore- Work in Progress

I am sorry I didn't mean to ignore anyone. We have been super busy the last three weeks. Basically we are moving from our present location to a new shop which should be bigger and better. Along with the move I am also renovating the inside of the shop and still trying to juggle mechanical work, parts sales, and of course many Christmas related activites with family and church. Hopefully things will calm down next week or so.

About why vendors sometime ignore people in general: 1. So many emails- We get so many emails every day. I filter mine really well with the help of microsoft outlook. However I still have so many emails with questions about parts or just general help questions. I try to take some time every day to look over them and answer them all. Sometimes they get accidentally deleted.

2. Email Confusion - Sometimes people send emails with no subject (this is very bad) and they just don't jump out at you. Sometimes you get two similar emails from two different people about a similar problem or part and then you think you have answered both when really you have only answered one.

3. Customer ignores email- Many times you take time to answer the email in detail and the person calls you only to ask you all of the same questions they had in their email. When I ask them "Didn't you get the email I sent you?" They say they haven't had a chance to check it yet.

If you want to get your emails read and responded to here are some hints: 1. Put your name and what you want in the subject- That way they are sure to know who it is and what they want. 2. Make your email really short and to the point- telling me your life story is inspiring however I may become so emotionally moved by your story that the tears in my eyes may block out the text where you actually ask for a part or a question. 3. If you decide to get the part from someone else or something else happens that you are not going to buy the parts you were asking about, you should drop the person a short note to tell them thanks and what you decided to do. It is frustrating to spend a lot of time with someone and then never hear from them again. If we did something wrong we would like to know about it so that it can be corrected in the future, etc.

I am sure that other vendors are like me. Very busy (which is good) but also very anxious to treat our customers in the best way we know how. We will continue to strive to do this. I appreciate your patience.

Thanks, Ken Wilford John 3:16 http://www.vanagain.com http://www.strictlyvwauctions.com http://www.eurovan.org http://www.vwcabrio.org Phone: (856)-327-4936 Fax: (856)-327-2242