Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 18 Dec 2004 07:38:49 +0000
From:         Chris DeLong <green536@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: List Vendors ignoring people
Comments: To: andrew.grebneff@STONEBOW.OTAGO.AC.NZ

I would have to agree. I have had so much spam to my shop email its disgusting (pun intended). I even got so much spam to one account that I had to remove the account and start all over. The spam keeps some stuff in the junk email box. I have even gotten email from list members in my junk email box. To add to my day; I need to check my junk email to see if anyone I know sent me an email.

I would have to agree that calling on the phone is a better approach. It will probably get more attention. I guess some people dont have any idea how much email others get with questions like: "How much will this cost? I found it on this other site for this much. Can you install these parts for me?" and my personal favorite: "Hello, MacDonalds? Yeah I bought this hamburger, can you make me a quarter pounder? Oh, and I want it to taste good and if I dont like it can I get my money back? Inlcuding the full price of a quarter pounder?".

I have sent so many emails back to people about estimates (even calling GErmany to get pricing), only to have people never call back. The worst is when people make you spend that time, then they take their car somwhere else. Then they call you and want you to fix someone elses screw up for the same price you originally quoted.

I hope some of you inderstand what goes on behind the curtain.

Nothing directed at the list. Its just frustrating sometimes to spend a few hours to research stuff for people only to have them respond with "Ok thanks, I'll let you know" and they never call back. Even though you are trying really hard to get a new customer.

[/rant]

Chris DeLong Fine Tuning 206.522.5503 www.finetuningperformance.com Seattle, WA USA