Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 22 Dec 2004 20:46:53 -0600
From:   John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:   Re: Didn't know there was two different CV joints. - Figured Out
Comments:   To: VWNut Hawk <vwnut@HAWKCOMPUTING.COM>

Well, live and learn I suppose. The first time I changed CV's I wasn't at all sure about myself, but turned out to be a very simole task, really.

Best bet?? Buy your own CV's ( I like the Lobro's) from one of the list vendors, and install yourself. In your case, you probably need to locate a new axle to replace the weird one. I don't think I would try to "Make Do" as it is an abberation. Putting things back as they should be always aids keeping things well maintained in the future and avoiding unexpected breakdowns.

Regards,

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver