Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 23 Dec 2004 00:40:18 -0800
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Alternative doorhandles from other VW models?
Comments: To: jbange <hfinn@ingrates.net>

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 17:54:06 -0800, jbange <hfinn@ingrates.net> wrote: > At 09:22 AM 12/22/2004, you wrote: > > I think he wants to know if other MODELS of VW car have handles that will > work a Vanagon, e.g. Jetta, Rabbit, etc. >

Yup, that's what the guy is asking. As far as I know, Vanagon handles will only fit Vanagons. I have seen Audi handles on a local Vanagon but it was converted by welding pieces from the Audi donor.

On another note, I find myself with about 60-70 door handles plus dozens of NOS slider handles and other locksets. Many do not have keys. If there is a real market for these out there, I mnay consider having a locksmith key them alike. There are complete sets too. A local shop asked me to sell sets of these last year (on the list). I bought everything else that was not spoken for ... err... for spares for my various Vanagons. No long handle sliders. -- BenT