Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 27 Dec 2004 11:57:04 -0600
From:         David Devere <vwpub@ONWORDBOUNDBOOKS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Help! Massive oil leak from behind cooler (2.1)
Comments: To: matt sutton <msutts@EARTHLINK.NET>

With out a doubt, you cracked the gasket for the oil cooler. The gasket is a black round rubber seal and you'll never fix the leak by tightening the nut. You have to pull off the filter and cooler (one big nut, like 27mm or something check Bently) and the two coolant hoses and replace the gasket. Then I'd suggest refilling with a lighter weight oil. But to be honest on the oil I really don't know as I garage my van for the winter.

It's an easy repair once you get the new gasket. Good luck .

Dave - Two Harbors MN

----- Original Message ----- From: "matt sutton" <msutts@EARTHLINK.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, December 27, 2004 11:10 AM Subject: Help! Massive oil leak from behind cooler (2.1)