Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2004, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 30 Dec 2004 06:49:40 -0500
From:         Ken Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: More 2.1L coolant system woes (long)
Comments: To: rrecardo@WEBTV.NET

I agree with RC on this one. I bought a coolant system pressure tester from Sears (Craftsman) and I love it. Pressure test and bleed the coolant system without the van running! Awesome! It lets us know that when a van leaves here there are no coolant leaks large or small. It was under $100. The only thing I had to do was to fabricate an adapter for the Vanagon expansion tank. We did this by taking an old expansion cap and then cutting it so that only the part with the threads were left. You screw this ring onto the tank and then clamp the tester onto it. Works great!

We usually pump the pressure up to 17 psi and then let it sit. If there is a weak point in the system you will hear hissing, the pressure will start to drop and there will be leakage. Do it cold as this is everything at it's loosest.

Hope this helps, Ken Wilford John 3:16