Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2004, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 30 Dec 2004 10:50:31 -0800
Comments:     DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
From:         Damon Campbell <damoncampbellvw@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Updating '82 sliding door?
Comments: To: Shawn Wright <swright@ZUIKO.SLS.BC.CA>

Unfortunately, Shawn, i don't think so. Mine is in pretty good shape, and while lubing the tracks does help, it will never close as easily as a later model van. The trick to closing it without slamming it is to push in on the back of the door (where the hinge is). You can pretty much slide it closed all the way, and then just push there, and it should click shut relatively easily.

For those with a longer arm span than a child, the advanced move is to slide gently and push at the back at the right time so it all happens in one fluid "hey who needs a later model van" motion.

-Damon

===== '84 Westy (Sparky) w/2.3L WBX Vancouver, BC