Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2004, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 31 Dec 2004 11:28:19 EST
From:         Chris Dixon <Jahsurf@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Overland Eurospec 2.0L Complete Conversion Kit For Sale -- $1900
Comments: To: tiico@yahoogroups.com, syncro@yahoogroups.com

Vanagonauts, I have an excellent condition Overland Eurospec I4 2.0L to sell -- absolutely complete turnkey conversion for a Syncro or 2wd installation -- mounts, ecu, hoses, very recent complete tuneup. This is basically a '94 GTI engine and was the precursor to the TIICO Conversion. It is already officially California Air Resources Board approved.

I'm selling it as an already palletted, complete kit for with a brand new Air Cond compressor for $1900 firm if anyone's interested. <30K miles, brand new exhaust (strongly welded), uses no oil, excellent power (comparable to a TIICO) and around 1000 more useable RPMs than a waterboxer. I just drove it from Southern Calif to Tacoma. I added no oil during the trip in a Syncro Adventurewagen and averaged over 20MPG and pulled even the steepest grades on I-5 at no less than 55MPH in that heavy assed van with big tires. The reason it's getting sold is that I'm pimping the AW for Jimmy Buffett (seriously!), and he wanted Smallcar's first ever H63.0 conversion put into it. I'd put the Eurospec in my own Syncro, but I just dropped in a Hi output waterboxer in mine. (The Eurospec is still more powerful than my new WBX) Brian Steele at Smallcar will, I'm sure, vouch for the motor's soundness, as he drove the van several times before he put it in. The only thing you might want to do is to get a set of urethane motor mounts as, like all I4's, it vibrates more than a WBX.

If you're in the NW, you can pick it up at Smallcar, if you're on the west coast, I might be able to meet you on my way back down from Tacoma to Southern Cal with the motor, or you can have it shipped from Smallcar. Don't ask me to sell it for less than $1900 -- just the mounting system and compressor make it almost worth what I want. The motor really is in tip top shape. If you want more info, I've posted an article on the conversion here: www.goofyfootsurfschool.com/eurospec/eurospecengine.pdf Thanks, Chris Dixon jahsurf@aol.com