Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2004, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 29 Dec 2004 10:17:23 -0600
From:         David Devere <vwpub@ONWORDBOUNDBOOKS.COM>
Subject:      Re: LP gas question--does this happen to you?
Comments: To: Jim Felder <felder@KNOLOGY.NET>

I love all these cold weather questions. It means I have something to contribute : ). The propane won't light in extreme cold. I don't understand the physics but I experienced it last year when winter camping. The low was around -7F and that morning the stove refused to light. I tried everything. Eventfully I used my whisper light camp stove to make coffee and I placed it on the top of the westy stove after removing the stove grill. The heat from the camp stove must have warmed the piping in the westy stove because after the coffee was made I was able the light the stove top and make a warm breakfast. I don't know why but it worked. I'm sure glad I travel with a backpacking stove. So in answer to your question: everything is fine with your propane system it's just cold.

Cheers- Dave Two Harbors MN

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Felder" <felder@KNOLOGY.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2004 8:38 AM Subject: LP gas question--does this happen to you?