Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2004, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 30 Dec 2004 01:37:18 -0800
From:         "bobe@webtide.net" <bobe@WEBTIDE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Rear Side Marker Bulb Replacement Help Request

Thanks Don,

You were right ... the whole light assembly is buggered, except the lens. I couldn't find a darn thing about this assembly in Bentley's? I think I'll get both replaced while I'm at it ...

thanks for the assist ...

peace

bob

At 08:15 AM 12/20/2004, Don in North Carolina wrote:

>Bob, > >If you removed the lens without removing the entire marker light assembly, >it's broken (it's supposed to be a sealed assembly to keep water out). To >change the bulb, you have to remove the entire assembly and pull the bulb >holder out from the back (after you - carefully - remove the rubber boot >which has probably bonded and "become one" with the assembly). Then you >will be able to push/turn the bulb for replacement. > >And as a side "helpful hint" from someone who thought that the screw holders >were bad in his van, one thing they don't mention in the owners manual is >that when you remove/replace your rear marker assemblies, you need to turn >the screws while pressing the lens against the body. The screw holders are >held in place by two raised areas on the back of the marker assembly, and if >it moves away from the body the screws will turn and turn and never come >out...BTDT. > >Don in Reidsville, NC >1987 Vanagon GL Syncro (Suzie) >1988 Vanagon GL (Sylvia) >----- Original Message ----- >From: "Bob Elliott" <bobe@WEBTIDE.NET> >To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> >Sent: Mon 20 December 2004 01:38 >Subject: Rear Side Marker Bulb Replacement Help Request > > >>My Vanagon is a 1980 Westfalia Canadian. My driver's side rear side marker >>(red lens) bulb has burned out. Thinking this was going to be simple >>matter >>I removed the lens and attempted to remove the bulb ... well, I can't get >>it out. It won't turn or push in with reasonable pressure (don't want to >>break the bulb). I've had a good look at the whole socket assembly and not >>wanting to damage anything by going at this too roughly I will ask the >>group members first ... tia. >> >>BTW I have done a Bentley and Archive search ... >> >>peace >> >>bob > > > > >-- >No virus found in this incoming message. >Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. >Version: 7.0.296 / Virus Database: 265.6.1 - Release Date: 12/20/2004

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.296 / Virus Database: 265.6.6 - Release Date: 12/28/2004