Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 Jan 2005 11:27:29 -0500
From:         Hans Achter <hansachter@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: vw news
Comments: To: Jahsurf@AOL.COM

You're not mentioning the considerable losses in generation of electricity and distribution of electricity over long distances. Per gallon of fuel, if my memory serves correctly, that brings the efficiency down close to current automobiles. What it does do is put all the combustion in one place which could be a good thing. Another big problem is that the current electrical distribution infrastructure is in most places already loaded to near capacity. We would have to do considerable upgrading of that whole network. -Hans

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Dixon" <Jahsurf@AOL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, January 07, 2005 11:02 AM Subject: vw news