Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 Jan 2005 18:50:18 -0500
From:         Hans Achter <hansachter@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Other engine conversion options?<F>
Comments: To: BenT Syncro <syncro@gmail.com>

Well, there is no set cost, of course. It depends how much you want to do yourself or what a garage charges you. Sounds like you got a good deal. Can anybody wander in with a vanagon and get that price? The KEP adapter and flywheel is the same cost for both conversions as far as I know. The other major parts are available for money or if you're handy you can build them yourself. Both Smallcar and KEP sell them, Smallcar sells them for: headers (bolts to vanagon J-pipe) $350 for early 2.2 engines, $250 for later engines rear mount (bolts to vanagon carrier) $250 It uses a stock vanagon clutch, so add that cost if you want. You can do the wiring harness yourself like I did or get it done for you for $500. I bought a whole subaru car with a great engine for $100.

-Hans

----- Original Message ----- From: "BenT Syncro" <syncro@gmail.com> To: "Hans Achter" <hansachter@hotmail.com> Cc: <vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com> Sent: Friday, January 07, 2005 6:11 PM Subject: Re: Re: Other engine conversion options?<F>