Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 2 Jan 2005 00:23:26 -0800
From:         Robert Fisher <refisher@MCHSI.COM>
Subject:      Re: tails from the underground.

Funny, made me think of goth chicks. Hold on, I got my flame suit around here somewheres....

A couple of years ago, I made the off-hand comment during a conversation that 'you're not really working on something 'til you're bleeding...' and immediately got jumped on by an old friend of my mother's for indulging myself in a 'macho/Neanderthal comment' if she'd 'ever heard one'. (Maybe I should copy her this email.) Anyways, when I said it, my brother and step-dad both immediately nodded in agreement, and I told the old family friend that I may have said it jokingly but as far as I was concerned it wasn't anything macho, it was just a simple statement of fact. My brother and step-dad agreed. She accused us of indulging in some male-bonding chauvinism thing and 'dismissed' us in a huff. Guess she figgered she knew my mind better than I did, I dunno.

Now I'm not particularly clumsy or accident prone (tho I'll admit I too often apply more force than is necessary or perhaps 'safe' at times) but in my experience, if I'm not showing at least a little blood from some scratch, gouge or divot somewhere after, say, a half-hour of working on something, I just haven't really been busy.

So now I know that it's not just me, or my family... and now you do too. : )

Cya, Robert

----- Original Message ----- From: "jimt" <camper@TACTICAL-BUS.INFO> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, December 31, 2004 3:44 PM Subject: Re: tails from the underground.

On 12/31/04 11:47 AM, "Joseph Fortino" <fortino1@EARTHLINK.NET> wrote:

> please forgive my tails, I meant tales.. > > still learning how to type.. ;) > > peace, > Joe > > -----Original Message----- > From: Joseph Fortino <fortino1@EARTHLINK.NET> > Sent: Dec 31, 2004 10:33 AM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: tails from the underground. > > what a PITA to replace my old speedo cable, upper cable, seems i could not > get > the head on the > speedo itself well my old one was all wore up and broke a section off at > the > head. > > took a drive the the instrument shell off and i got it to work. my fingers > are > still all with me. LOL > had to wait for like a month to order this since $$ was tight like always, > but > I'm happy again > was driving with tach ;) > > how come i always get a boo boo when working on my van.? > > Joe > > HAPPT NEW YEAR ALL. be safe and enjoy > >

If I donšt have a cut or two or a bruised knuckle or a new lump on the head, I get worried.

........................................ jimt Planned insanity is best. Remember that sanity is optional. http://www.tactical-bus.info (tech info) http://www.westydriver.com