Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 13 Jan 2005 21:53:30 -0500
From:         Brian Wasson <briwasson@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      FS: Paulchen Rear Bike/Cargo Rack in PA

I'm selling a rear-mount Paulchen bike rack. Includes basic Paulchen rack with fold-down cargo shelf, two bike carriers with telscoping trays, and the optional spacing bar to keep the bikes off your van. This is probably one of the best-regarded rear racks for the Vanagon.

I really like this rack for carrying bikes, but unfortunately it won't work for our tandem bike and I have to buy a hitch-mount rack (which is bound to be less stable). This German-made rack is custom-fit for the Vanagon, follows the contours of the hatch perfectly, and easily attaches and removes without tools. It has a shelf that folds out of the way when not needed and allows you to carry bulky items like gas cans, coolers, a spare tire, etc. The two bike mounts mount to the fold-down shelf. The rack design allows good visibility to the rear and does not interfere with the rear wiper. This is the original-style rack with the additional crossmembers (better for tying loads to).

This rack used to be imported only by Owasco VW in Canada, but they don't list it on their Web site any more. I'm not sure if they are available anymore in North America. The original invoice is included.

The rack is in very good condition, and is always stored inside when not being used. I can take digital photos if anyone is interested. Located in the Philadelphia area, but I could ship if needed. Or, I might be able to meet as far south as Delaware. Price is $360.

Brian Wasson Abington, Pa. 88 Westy