Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 14 Jan 2005 00:26:29 -0600
From:         Robert Cardo <rrecardo@WEBTV.NET>
Subject:      Re: Duals??
Comments: To: jimt <camper@TACTICAL-BUS.INFO>

No Problem. But the wheels are going to have to be severly offset so one will go into the wheel well the other will butt up to the face of the center of the inside wheel with the opposite offset. The only problem I can forsee is the inside wheel rubbng on the control arm. It would have to sit in the wheel well pretty deep, or have the outside wheel sit pretty far outside of it if the offset isn't enough. I'd like see this aborition myself. Then a large set of flares would be necessary to cover the outside rubber. Interesting concept, but I'm having a hard time imagining it.

RC

E-mail message

Subject: Duals?? An acquaintance is going to modify his 2WD camper to a dual wheel rear after his brother in law did his and found his off road traction greatly increased and didn¹t sink into soft ground as much. Has anyone ever tried this on a vanagon? My only dual experience is with military vehicles and on those the rims were specialized with extreme offsets so that one could be reversed and bolted through the other and they butted up against each other. •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• jimt