Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 14 Jan 2005 18:25:11 -0800
From:         LOREN BUSCH <labusch@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      '91 Syncro Westy FS in Seattle

Okay all you Syncro types and Syncro owner wanabees, here is your chance. I'm posting this for a friend in Seattle and I have no interest in this sale. I'm just trying to help a good friend and also give a first crack at this vehicle to the VW community. Those of you that know me have heard me talk about the cherry '91 Syncro Westfalia that I've had 'right of first refusal' on. Well, for two reasons, I've refused. I have all the little add-ons about done on Starwagen and I don't really want to sell it and start over again. Second, I really can't afford the difference between what I could get for Starwagen and the price of this '91 Syncro. Otherwise I'd be buying this myself. So here it is...

For Sale in Seattle (Queen Anne Hill area) 1991 Westfalia GL Syncro. 71K actual miles The owner, Jerry, had received an offer last Spring, flat out on the street, from another Vanagon driver, of $20,000 for this van. (I think it was a list member: was that you Steve?) He wasn't ready to sell at that time, but is now. Based on that offer and other informal appraisals by the people at Carter VW, the sale price is a firm $20,000. He just completed a round trip to So Cal from Seattle without a hitch, then went in for tuneup. Kept in a garage when not being driven for the last ten years or so that the current owner has had the van. Meticulously maintained by first Campbell-Nelson VW then for the last few years Carter VW in Ballard. For those that are not familiar with Carter, during the heyday of the Westfalia (pre Eurovan) they were the largest volume dealer of Westfalia conversions in the US. They do know the Vanagon. This Westy has everything up to and including an item unique to the '91: An inside release for the rear hatch! I went over this Westy a couple of months ago and THERE IS NO RUST! The body and bumpers are perfect. The only thing I found was that the outer layer of the skylight is cracked. Replacement on that is under $100 and 30 minutes with a screw driver. The cover for the rear window washer filler tube was missing, since replaced. Thats it. It is clean, clean, clean. I'm not listing all the accessories because it has all, they were standard on the '91 Westy Syncro, all the power windows, locks, etc. And the AC works just fine. And it does have the rear diff lock. The owner has maintenance receipts for about the last ten years. I believe that all the original manuals are there also. An aux battery has been installed. I don't remember checking to see if it's with relay or isolator, and I don't know if the interior lights and radio were moved over to the aux battery. When I checked the engine compartment I noticed that the 'Vanagon Syndrome' pigtail had been added to the AFM. It has an Olympic catalytic heater mounted behind the passenger seat, rises to the top of the pedestal. Other than those items everything is stock. I've put up one picture at this link. http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAM2rZiycNWzxI If someone from out-of-area is seriously interested, I can go the the van and take more pictures. Contact on this should be directly with Jerry. His email is GWINWEST@aol.com. PLEASE, serious buyers only. If there are no serious offers within a week or ten days, then it's eBay and Autotrader and the local papers and listings. This is a very rare opportunity to end up with the ultimate Vanagon Westfalia camper, a Syncro and the last year they were sold in the US.

Loren Busch