Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 9 Jan 2005 01:58:05 -0700
From:         jimt <camper@TACTICAL-BUS.INFO>
Subject:      Re: Electrical pollution?

On 1/9/05 12:31 AM, "two.tone.tool.box" <kite.wagon@GMAIL.COM> wrote:

> I'm sorry John but... why?? I cannot let that BS about Mexican > "Hoards" and "rats eating all the grain" go unchallenged (I know i > shouldnt, sorry everyone else in advance). Your racist, over the top > generalizations have nothing to do with your vanagon, my vanagon or > this list, or the future powering of the global economy. First of > all, its not resources that immigrants come for, as you claim, its > _jobs_. Thats why Europe is all also "browning" to use your crude > terminology, even though the Isles and the Continent have a lot less > natural resources per person than this country. Mexico and South > America are resource rich.

Normally I would remain silent on this type of issue but straight facts.

Here in colorado our electrical rates are up to pay for the dismantling of a nuclear power facility that was not sustainable or repairable to meet current standards. The increase in rates is already forecasted to far exceed the savings from the nuclear power that was derived from it. The power company must pay its share of putting the highly reactive parts into deep storage and all costs associated with getting it there. Cheap nuclear power is proving to be very expensive. Look at three mile island with a reactor that is costing money as it sits dead because of maintenance and inspections to make sure it stays sealed. As yet europe has not had to decommission a reactor and has publicly stated it doesnΉt know how it will be handled. Then it is already known that the french government has been dumping in the oceans trenches in the deep pacific. When nuclear power was brought on line it was thought that technology would have found a way to deal with the waste by the time there was any to dispose of. Disposal costs took the cheap out and created massive risks.

As for migrations of populations...look right here in this country. Massive migration from california to colorado by tech firms that could no longer afford to have their businesses in california. That fast rapid influx has stretched colorados water resources and air quality to its limits. The so called "browning effect" (as it may even apply to my exwife and children) has no effect on this state. The corporate migration moved million plus. International migrants moved very little in effect. Also the international migrants pay taxes. The corporate migrants are leaches on the economy with their massive tax deductions for making the moves.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• jimt Planned insanity is best. Remember that sanity is optional. http://www.tactical-bus.info (tech info) http://www.westydriver.com